Horou was located approximately 2 km southeast of Hostau; it had belonged to the parish since 1784. In official documents, Horou was mentioned as “Horau” or “Harou” and was part of the parish of Schlattin as well.
Horou was chronicled in 1379 for the first time (as per E. judges) “Horuss.” In 1388, the town was acquired by Raczek of Hostau along with Hostau, Ostrow (Wasserau), Gramatin and Hassatitz.
Horou could be reached by foot from Hostau using paths along the old brook and by vehicles on „the Ronsperger road” from the south. The next train station was Muttersdorf (about 700 km away). The population lived almost exclusively off agriculture; nevertheless, some inhabitants had different occupations as well.
During WWI, 5 men from Horou were killed, during WWII, 3 of town’s sons were killed and 7 were missing in action.
After Josef Ries, Josef Prokosch and Maria Prokosch
Schilligkau (other Prokosch families)
was located approximately 6 km west northwest of Ronsperg and 2.5 km northwest of Berg and for the first time was documented in 1379. village of Schilligkau
In 1789, Schilligkau (also called “Schillikau”) counted 24 houses and belonged to the Trauttmansdorff family of Bischofteinitz, which since 1678 possessed the forester’s house Weissrnühle with trout farms nearby. In 1839, the village had grown to 31 houses with 266 inhabitants; in 1913, it counted 38 houses with 234 inhabitants, and in 1945, 46 houses with 310 inhabitants. The municipality encompassed 377.80 hectars in 1937, including 133.34 hectars of fields, 40.89 hectars of meadows, 14.19 hectars of pastures, and 177.31 hectars of forest.
Schilligkau belonged to the
until 1900 and then became an independent municipality. It had a one-grade elementary school, which was built in 1908. Until 1680, Schilligkau was part of the parish of Schüttwa, afterwards it was part of the parish Berg. municipality of Berg
The village included 2 hotels with a shop each, a blacksmith, a miller and a bee-keeper. Associations included a local group of the German school association, a local group of the German Böhmerwaldverein, the volunteer fire brigade established in 1912 (with equipment house), a local group of the German land youth. It also had a seed purification plant.
Schilligkau constantly had 7 to 8 forest workers, who worked nearly the entire year in the surrounding woodlands, in addition to tending to their small farms. In 1940, the German armed forces built an air traffic control facility southeast of Schilligkau. On this occasion, the municipality received electricity. On April 30, 1945 1 house and 3 barns burned down as a result of the war. During the WW I Schilligkau provided 44 soldiers, four of them did not return home. In the Second World War, 72 of Schillingkau’s sons served, 23 were killed and 3 remained missing.
According to Anton Schröpfer